If you are interested in trialing contact lenses for the first time then we ensure your whole consultation will be completed in one. What will our professionals do on the day?
- Determine your personal prescription
- Take a look at your ocular health internally
- Analyse your ocular health externally and determine whether contact lens wear is appropriate (in most cases it is)
- They will have a chat about your lifestyle and ocular health to suggest a wearing pattern: daily, weekly, monthly etc.
- Relative to your prescription they will suggest a lens type they deem right for you where they will dispense you with your complimentary diagnostic trial lenses
- You'll be taken into our dispensing lounge where you will be taught how to insert/ remove your lenses and how to care for them. You will have this area entirely to yourself and our practice manager will be on side throughout the session. We place no time limit on this so don't worry, you can take as long as you like to get used to wearing them.
- After our practice manager is satisfied with your insertion/removal, our senior optometrist will return to go through final details with you including when we advise for your follow-up contact or visit.
All we charge for this service is £35.00/£14.30 for private and NHS patients respectively (assuming your NHS examination is due). Once you are satisfied with your wear we will offer you a small monthly payment plan and on approval of joining the scheme we will credit all professional charges you paid for on the day.